This may be a popular or unpopular post – but rest assured it is not a religious bashing, nor a stand – simply a viewpoint.
In most part I do agree with Mr. Harris. I don’t know whether it is “reasonable noise” against unjustified beliefs or an opinion that one needs to make.
I don’t believe:
- that a gay person has to state that they are gay (unless they want to)
- that a disabled person has to justify their abilities or disability (unless they choose to)
- that a poor person should calculate their worth by their net worth (ever)
I do believe:
- that A person has the right to believe as they wish – without justification, prejudice or government/political interferance.
- that belief systems built on hate and intolerance are simply mobs.
- that Respect, listening and being open to new thoughts or perceptions is right.
NOTE: This goes both ways – if you are “preaching” your view – be prepared to hear the other side with an open mind – or keep your opinions to yourself – as they are the only ones you will be receptive to.