Please pause for 2 minutes and read this. It could save your life!!
- Let’s say it’s 7.25pm and you’re going home (alone of course) after an unusually hard day on the job.
- You’re really tired, upset and frustrated.
- Suddenly you start experiencing severe pain in your chest that starts to drag out into your arm and up in to your jaw. You are only about five km from the hospital nearest your home.
- Unfortunately you don’t know if you’ll be able to make it that far.
- You have been trained in CPR, but the guy who taught the course did not tell you how to perform it on yourself.
- HOW TO SURVIVE A HEART ATTACK WHEN ALONE? Since many people are alone when they suffer a heart attack without help, the person whose heart is beating improperly and who begins to feel faint, has only about 10 seconds left before losing consciousness.
- However, these victims can help themselves by coughing repeatedly and very vigorously. A deep breath should be taken before each cough, and the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest. A breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let-up until help arrives, or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again.
- Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating. The squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm. In this way, heart attack victims can get to a hospital.
- Tell as many other people as possible about this. It could save their lives!!
- Cardiologists say that if everyone who reads this would forward it to 10 people, you can bet that we’ll save at least one life.
Dignity by Design Enterprise
I believe that those who are invested in, or control the enterprises of, OIL look aside for the dividends that will eventually come – but how can we continue to step back from corporate control and enterprise, and watch the rest of the planet and peoples expire through abusive greed.
The common man surely is not benefiting from investment, and certainly not the Sioux …. and we will all suffer most severely after these rotters have long gone and lived high. How can they look at their children and grandchildren and say “But WE lived large, by destroying your future?” How can any of us?
And where WHERE is our government? What are their stances on this and the other pipelines that are being laid??
So I throw this down to you legislators: STEP UP!!! Show your worth!!!!!
I have cried for 6 hours straight…I see no end to the sadness. Not now. When I cry…when I’m hurt, I blog. It seems that the emptiness that I feel finds solace in the openness of cyber space. And this is a big one – so open up cyber wonderland and suck up the pain…because I don’t want to hold it alone any longer.
Tonight I said farewell to my dearest friend and companion. Not a human, not a celebrity but my friend – one who loved me unconditionally – one who depended on me to be his life source, entertainment and validator.
Those that do not understand the complete life connection of certain pets (and that seems such a menial term) will never understand the bond that is created between souls. It matters little if it is human to human- because the soul knows no boundaries nor recognizes intellectual “boxes” – only spiritual connections – and today one of my life threads – my spiritual connection – was severed, so quickly, so cruelly and so completely that I am in shock and utter pain. The eyes reaching for me to ease his pain – holding his body as the life seeped away in gasps and spasms. I’d give so much to take away the past 6 hours – or step back to 2 weeks ago and somehow magically stop the insidious “aortic thromboembolism” that left his hind legs paralyzed and his heart a doused ember.
How I loved you my dear Daniel, the beautiful Maine Coon, with the awesome personality and the constant “chit chat”, that chose me from rescue 8 years ago and never let go of my heart and soul. Thank you for choosing me. Rest in Peace until we chat again.
First and foremost:
HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all and may we all have Enough….
May the holidays enlighten us to diversity, and usher in a new year of Dignity for all!
As for this year and Dignity by Design: We’ve had our ups and downs. It continues to be a challenge to enlighten the financial community on the importance of disability services and products for the disabled, veterans and elderly. When I say may we all have Enough….I mean that we should all have enough dignity, enough respect, enough joy and enough Ability to love ourselves and feel blessed with what we do have…..
It’s not easy in these tough economic, employment and Social Media crazed times to be
grateful for the hard times, the sick times, the lonely times and the times of loss. So with the Holidays upon us, I wish you Enough…. enough strength, love and fortune to anticipate 2015 with hope and a renewed joy!
When they say loss comes in “3’s” – they never mentioned that it comes, at times, as an unending current.
“The stars are not wanted now; put out every one, Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun, Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood; For nothing now can ever come to any good.”
– W.H. Auden
So many…way too many…. loved ones that are facing life and death obstacles right now – and I can’t do a thing that concretely affects the final outcome.
However, I can feel guilt – that I’m healthy. Or guilt for not having had that last luncheon or phone call or birthday cupcake…………..
Sand & Water